I started this blog as a way to hold myself accountable to some goals or habits that I wanted to create in my life. However, I knew I wouldn’t be reaching one of these goals every day or probably even weekly, so I began to think about a consistent “column” I could do weekly that would help hold me accountable to these goals but also encourage me to look at other ways God was growing me.
Philippians 1:6 came to mind, “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
We are all Works in Progress.
God began His work in us even before salvation as He drew our hearts toward Him. For believers, He continues His work in us through sanctification–a big fancy word that means making us more like Christ. The idea took root that I could write about the progress being made in my life–even if I hadn’t reached the final goal. Then I thought how fun it would be if others joined in, and we could encourage each other and praise God together for all the work He is doing in our lives.
The WIP (Work In Progress) Wednesday Link-Up will focus on acknowledging the ways we see God working in and around us.
10 Reasons YOU Should Join the WIP Wednesday Link-Up
- The WIP Wednesday Link-Up will launch Wednesday, June 27, so you have plenty of time to get a post together!
- The Linky will go live at 5 AM on Wednesday, so it will be ready and waiting for you when you rise and shine!
- The Link-Up gives your writing direction to help with pesky writer’s block!
- The Link-Up offers another opportunity to praise the Lord for what He’s doing!
- You can write about what God is doing in YOUR life…
- You can write about what you see God doing in someone else’s life, your church, or community!
- The work you see could be simple or great: from drawing someone you love to salvation to learning to french braid hair as a service to your daughter! God is worthy of praise for it all!
- The Link-Up offers a great place to meet new friends!
- Your love and gratitude to the Lord will grow as you look for where He is working each week.
- I will feature one post from the week before on my blog each week!
I look forward to seeing how God is at work in our lives!
Who is in?! Leave a comment below! Be sure to grab the button (HTML on the sidebar)!
This post is linked with thanks to:
Need some fresh ideas for entertaining the kids outdoors this summer? Check out Kidventures, an eBook from boy mom of 6 year old quadruplet boys, Jen Murray! She will have you outside in the sun for some great adventures in no time! Only $4.99! Click here for details! You can also purchase the Kindle edition on Amazon:KidVentures: 50 Outdoor Experiences of Wonder, Discovery, & Childhood Memories