I’ve never won anything in my life until I started blogging. Now I win stuff all the time. Small stuff. Big stuff. In between stuff.
This past weekend, I got to cash in on one of those wins. A couple weeks ago, I read about the dotMom Conference put on by Lifeway over at Amanda’s blog–Impress Your Kids. She was giving away two tickets and the conference was in Birmingham, AL–just 2.5 hours from me–so I figured why not?! I entered her giveaway and forgot about it. Then Sunday at church, my friend, Ashia, mentioned the conference. I told her about the giveaway, and we talked about how fun it would be to go.
Then, early that week, I get an e-mail from Amanda saying I won the tickets. I texted Ashia telling her she totally wasn’t going to believe what just happened. When I realized I had won TWO tickets, of course I invited Ashia to go. We talked with the husbands, made arrangements for the kids, and got excited to head to dotMom12!!
The weekend was awesome! It was a much needed break from mommyhood, some awesome teaching from godly women, and fun fellowship with other bloggers I got to meet in person for the first time! Here is a taste of what the weekend was like. Come back tomorrow as I dig deeper into what the Lord taught me.
10 Things I Learned at #dotMom12
1. Having the bell boy carry your bags to your room is WAY better than hauling them yourself from the parking garage that is way far away. Lesson learned the hard way.
2. Staying onsite at the conference is worth every penny. Thank you Ben (Ashia’s husband).
4. Jen Hatmaker is just as funny in person as she is in her book. (which is really funny). She also brings it just like she does in her books. Pushing me towards life-change. So glad she let’s the Lord use her. (Come back tomorrow for more.)
7. When women are gathered, the conversation will invariably shift to birth stories and breastfeeding at some point. It’s just a given.
8. Esther Burroughs is the cutest, wisest “little white haired lady”. I wish I was related to her in some way so she would call me and tell me she was praying for me. Note to self: Add her books to your wish list.
9. I take awful iPhone pictures, but when they are with such awesome people, I can’t help but share!
10. Spending a weekend at a conference with a new friend is a great way to grow a friendship.
This post is linked with thanks to:
Need some fresh ideas for entertaining the kids outdoors this summer? Check out Kidventures, an eBook from boy mom of 6 year old quadruplet boys, Jen Murray! She will have you outside in the sun for some great adventures in no time! Only $4.99! Click here for details! You can also purchase the Kindle edition on Amazon:KidVentures: 50 Outdoor Experiences of Wonder, Discovery, & Childhood Memories