I’m heading to the #Allume Social conference at the end of this month! Some awesome gals, Brooke and Stacey, host a link-up every year to help everyone get to know their roomies before the conference. I’m rooming with three lovely ladies (Crystal, Monica, and Julie) that I have never met in real life, but we’ve video chatted…so you know…that counts. Seriously though, my husband is concerned they are going to eat me. Hopefully, after he reads their 10 Things Posts, he will feel better. Anyhow, if I disappear at the conference, you’ll know they got me!
Without further ado (is that right?!) and because it’s WAY past my bedtime, Here are…
10 Things My #Allume Roomies Need to Know About Me
10. I am fairly low maintenance–don’t require a lot of bathroom/mirror time. However, I get anxious and nervous around people that are always “put together” and begin to feel like I NEED bathroom/mirror time. You may have to talk me down.
9. I’ve never left my sweet baby for more than two nights in a row. Even then he was a short two hour drive away. So, needless to say, being two plane rides away for 4 days is stressing me out a bit. He probably won’t know the difference.
8. I’m a huge Mississippi State fan. We play Alabama (yes that one. The ridiculously good one.) on Saturday of the conference. I may shout and say stupid things at my phone (or the TV if I can find the game on one) while reading updates about the game. I apologize in advance.
7. My husband says I snore, but I don’t believe him. I do however have a foot fetish. Again, I apologize in advance if I try to play footsie with you.
6. I hear phantom baby cries all. the. time. when my son is not in the house. So if I jump up out of the bed and start wandering around looking for my child–Just remind me that I’m dreaming. Or crazy. Whichever.
5. Speaking of sleep…I require it. Lost of it. I love to sleep. My friends say I turn into a pumpkin at 10 PM and get mean. I’m hoping to find a way to overcome this as I want to squeeze every last minute out of my time with y’all. But alas, just tell me to go to bed if I get snippy.
4. I like to eat. My favorite is cheeseburgers–with cheese and ketchup only. Thank you ma’am. Like sleep, food is necessary for a happy mood in Mary Beth’s world. So I’ll be toting lots of snacks around with me. Speaking of which, my absolute favorite snack (Ann’s House Chocolate Antioxidant Mix) has been out of stock at my Wal-Mart for over a month. Do you mind checking yours? If they have it, buy every. single. bag. I will pay you back. mmmmkay? Thanks.
3. I drink water like a mad-woman. It all started when I was pregnant and the doctor told me I had “low fluid levels”. I assumed this could be corrected by drinking ridiculous amounts of water. This trend has continued after the birth of my child 20 months ago. Hence, I need to go potty a lot.
2. Once I get comfortable. I talk. A lot. And fast. Hopefully without a bad accent. But when I get tired (or talk to my mama), it gets worse.
1. I’m beyond excited to meet you, roomies! I already know you are awesome. This is gonna be the most FANTABULOUS weekend ever (I had to make a word up just to accurately describe it’s awesomeness!)!!!
Alright, Mom…Michael…What did I forget?
Need some fresh ideas for entertaining the kids outdoors this summer? Check out Kidventures, an eBook from boy mom of 6 year old quadruplet boys, Jen Murray! She will have you outside in the sun for some great adventures in no time! Only $4.99! Click here for details! You can also purchase the Kindle edition on Amazon:KidVentures: 50 Outdoor Experiences of Wonder, Discovery, & Childhood Memories