I had the opportunity to receive and read a copy of Leigh Dusek’s Frayed. I am excited to share my review with you and offer a free copy to one of my readers!! Be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of the post!
Frayed offers a testimony of the Lord’s faithfulness to Leigh and her husband through difficult circumstances, some of their own making and some simply part of living in a fallen world. She traces her story from childhood all the way to the present with an emphasis on her marriage relationship and circumstances and events that significantly impacted that union.
- As a marriage and family counselor with most of my experience in marriage counseling, I understand the importance of communication in the marital relationship. Leigh’s story highlights this principle. She repeatedly talks about how she and her husband were both struggling in their marriage, but they were not discussing it with each other.
- Leigh’s story underscores the importance of asking for and insisting on help when something does not seem right. Both with her son’s autism and her personal emotional health, Leigh insisted on getting the proper help. This was undoubtedly God sovereignly working in her life.
- Forgiveness. The crux of this books is the power to forgive in marriage which comes from God alone.
3 Killer Quotes:
- “Without communication in marriage, you are just two people living together and keeping secrets.” (Chapter: The Beginning of Forever)
- “I thought being a man of God was a definition or a rule that men needed to accomplish. I was wrong, very wrong.” (Chapter: The Imperfect Husband)
- “The Lord makes everything in life worth it.” (Chapter: The Healing) Amen! He indeed makes all things new!
Give Us More!
The counselor in me suspects that the actual writing of this book was a very healing and restorative adventure for Leigh. Now that the story has been told, a follow-up book with specific interventions, activities, and questions that helped them to forgive, restore their marriage, and rebuild a thriving relationships would be sure to bless many.
About the Author:
- Leigh is a born and bred Texan. She has been married for 10 years, and God has blessed them with 3 beautiful children, Noah, Reagan, and Gavin. She focuses her life on advocating for her autistic sons, creating a Christ-centered home, and building a strong marriage.
- You can find Leigh on Twitter as @LeighDusek, and she blogs at Funky Faith Girl.
You can purchase Frayed
Enter BELOW for your chance to WIN a digital copy of Frayed!
Winner will be notified via e-mail.
This post is linked with thanks to:
Some links may be affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy.