Parenting Thomas and any future children is probably the most important and long lasting thing I will ever do. How Michael and I raise our children will affect not just them, but our grandchildren and future generations to come. I want to be intentional about how I parent. I want to have a plan.
- Create (and use) a discipline plan
- Teach the Bible consistently (weekly lessons)
- Nightly prayer
- Choose a life verse for each child
- Choose 5 Biblical character qualities (unique for each child) that we want to focus on instilling in them (This adapted from Impress Your Kids)
- Write to each child individually in a journal as they grow (this too!)
- Help them develop a habit of a quiet time to focus on God as age appropriate
What are your parenting goals? Do you have a life verse for your child(ren)? Please share.
Need some fresh ideas for entertaining the kids outdoors this summer? Check out Kidventures, an eBook from boy mom of 6 year old quadruplet boys, Jen Murray! She will have you outside in the sun for some great adventures in no time! Only $4.99! Click here for details! You can also purchase the Kindle edition on Amazon:KidVentures: 50 Outdoor Experiences of Wonder, Discovery, & Childhood Memories