Now, for my stuck in between. My goal is to be totally honest with you guys always. This is especially true on Wednesdays when we share what the Lord is doing in our lives. I don’t want to ever get to the point where I feel like I have to conjure up some profound thought the Lord is teaching me just to have something to put here on Wednesday. With that in mind, I’m going to be honest about where I am this week.
I’m stuck in between.
I just finished up the Bible study on 1 Peter with the community over at Allume. Bible Study Fellowship doesn’t start for over another month. I’ve joined up with the ladies at She Reads Truth and their reading plan on Prayer, but I am totally unmotivated. I feel stuck. I’ve finished one long(ish) study and am waiting to begin another. When the alarm goes off in the morning, I am way more likely these days to turn it off and roll over rather than get up and spend time with the Lord.
I’m also tired. So. Very. Tired. I’ve got to get more disciplined about going to be on time. (not that they Olympics are helping with that!)
Along with my current feelings comes the strong temptation for the “good girl” in me to feel guilty. I’m not doing what I’m “supposed” to do. I’m falling short. I’m disappointing God.
So I’m purposefully reminding myself of two things today:
- God has not changed. He has not gone anywhere. He is still with me. He still loves me just as much as ever. Nothing I do or fail to do will ever change that. (Romans 8:37-39)
- My identity has not changed. I am still God’s child–chosen, redeemed, justified, holy, and so much more. Nothing I do or fail to do will ever change that. (1 John 3:1, Ephesians 1:3-6)
The key point: Nothing I do OR fail to do will ever change who God is or my identity in Him. <—Click to tweet!
What do you remind yourself of during the “in between” times? Let’s chat in the comments!
Enjoy reading what God is doing in the lives of others? Subscribe for free and receive all the WIP Wednesday posts plus my other updates via email below or click here to subscribe via Reader!
It’s time for the WIP (Work in Progress) Wednesday Link-Up!
What is God doing in your life? Link up a post below or let’s chat in the comments! Please make sure you link back to newlifesteward.com! This helps promote the community and allows everyone’s posts to be shared. If you aren’t sure how to do that, e-mail me! I’ll be glad to help!
Link Up Rules:
- Please link to the post’s permalink so that it will go directly to the post you want us to read.
- In the “Name” space, put the title of your post.
- Limit 3 Links per week.
- Please take time to visit the blogger before you and encourage them in their comments.
- Use Hashtag #WIPwed when you tweet about your post!
- One Post will be featured each week from the previous week’s Linky!
- Please link back to newlifesteward.com so your readers know where to find us! (Grab the button on the sidebar!)
If you are reading this via e-mail or Reader, click over to participate!
This post is linked with thanks to:
Need some fresh ideas for entertaining the kids outdoors this summer? Check out Kidventures, an eBook from boy mom of 6 year old quadruplet boys, Jen Murray! She will have you outside in the sun for some great adventures in no time! Only $4.99! Click here for details! You can also purchase the Kindle edition on Amazon:KidVentures: 50 Outdoor Experiences of Wonder, Discovery, & Childhood Memories