Not 5 seconds after I typed in that title and got the pictures loaded from the camera, the baby woke up. Everyday life.
A reader recently requested more posts about every day life. So here is what’s going on lately:
1. Nearly my entire family on my dad’s side gathered this weekend to celebrate my grandfather’s 85th birthday. Not many people get to do that. We are grateful.
2. After the birthday part, my parents kindly kept my son for the night, so hubby and I got to go on an impromptu date AND we got to sleep in until 8:00 AM on Sunday morning. I never thought the day would come that I would qualify 8 AM as “late”. While staying at my parents house, my son started calling my mother Patsy (her first name). Now when he sees her picture, he says Patsy. I find this hilarious.
3. Sunday afternoon I attended a my childhood best friend’s baby shower. It still shocks me that we are old enough to have children. Some of my high school classmates have TWO. When exactly do you qualify as a grown up?
4. Hubby and I watched Big Brother last night (insert collective gasp! We all have our vices, right?), and I’m conflicted over what I want to happen this week. I was a fan of Dan until he acted like a total jerk last night during the Pandora’s Box thingy. I guess we all have our moments…
5. Today I was the cool mom–we played outside. Twice. (okay, confession, I was hoping the second time would tire him out enough for a second nap. no luck. but we still had fun!) Not only did we play outside, but we played with sand and water. We made big messes. Thomas ate dirt while I stood there taking pictures. Mom of the Year, right here. (I did help him wash it out of his mouth after I got sufficient pictures.)
6. I started reading 7 by Jen Hatmaker today. Oh My Word is this woman funny. It’s almost not fair. One minute you are cracking up and the next you are totally convicted. (I’m reading with the ladies over at Bloom (part of in(courage)). You should join us! Just started this week!
7. I’m totally bummed because I’m supposed to be leaving to see two of my besties from seminary on Wednesday, but it just wasn’t meant to be. First, my ride home didn’t work out. And now, I just got notification from the airline that I should probably reschedule my flight out there due to Hurricane Isaac. So I think that trip is a no go for now. So. Sad.
8. It’s 10:00 PM and I really should be in bed, but I have two more points in order to make this a Top Ten Tuesday post.
9. Tomorrow, I have scheduled my first video chat with a blogging friend. I’m kinda nervous. But it’ll be cool. We are chatting about some exciting stuff that I will get to share with you in October!!
10. I think we should declare today Delurker Day! If you read this blog, but never comment, leave a comment! I’d love to know who is out there! This reminds me of our Five Minute Friday party. If you participate in FMF, we are gonna party it up right before Lisa Jo posts the prompt (Midnight Eastern), so connect with us on Twitter using hash-tag #FMFparty. Shoot me or Nikki an e-mail and we (she!) will remind you.
This post is linked with thanks to: